Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Winter Wonderland!

“Winter Wonderland!”

Judy Royal Glenn Photography


What does one do when there were so many downed trees in Cades Cove yesterday, and it was closed? Make lemonade out of lemons.


My friend and I knew the Cove would be closed after we swung by the parkway and saw a gazillion trees crossing the road. Of course, we checked to see if the Cove was open to no avail.


So, we traveled back roads in Townsend and saw beautiful scenery everywhere. We would gasp as we gazed in awe. There was much anticipation around every curve in the road wondering what beauty awaited us. I was also in awe of God and His creativity and letting us enjoy the winter wonderland He created.


Not only did we see beautiful country scenery, we saw a black cow, a white horse, birds including an American kestrel, a donkey, a dog, and a squirrel family all in the snow. My favorite was the black cow in contrast with the snow. I can’t wait to post my photos!


We made one last attempt to see if the Cove was open and saw a line of taillights with cars turning around. We pulled in the Little River Campground and wanted to photograph the rushing water of the Little River adorned with snowy-covered branches.


When I walked across the bridge, I noticed a faceless snowman. The snowman looked bleak until I grabbed a few rocks to decorate his face. Something was still missing—a hat. I took my glove off and ever so carefully put it on his head. I did not want my glove falling into the river.


The snowman was finally complete—he was so cute. I appreciated the person who made it. 


Others came up to photograph him as well. My friend said, “Five dollars for each shot.”


It was a magical day. Will the Cove be open today? I don’t know. I am thankful for the workers that are trying to unleash the Cove from the trees blocking the road. Have a blessed day! 



To purchase wildlife and nature fine art prints, please visit my website:


https://www.judyroyalglennphotography.com



Location: Little River Campground, Great Smoky Mountains National Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10