Thursday, January 13, 2022

Looking Forward to 2022 – Meandering

“Looking Forward to 2022” – “Meandering”
Judy Royal Glenn Photography


Backstory to photo:

My family was on St. Simons Island for Thanksgiving. We spent a long weekend there. I looked forward to photographing the shorebirds.


St. Simons has a plethora of shorebirds. Since I was raised there and have shot a lot on the island, I know which part of the beach will typically yield the most birds.


 I got out early one morning, and the following morning, I was out at dawn. I am not a morning girl. Never have, never will, so it is hard for me to get out by sunrise to shoot.


This particular morning, I saw a great egret and a snowy egret looking for breakfast in the distance. I took my shoes off, crossed the water, and sat on a rock, watching them as they meandered. 


I like the landscape view with the egret walking around.


“Looking Forward to 2022”

As well as reflecting on a year, I also like to look forward to the new year. Although, I know it says in the scriptures, “Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring” (Proverbs 27:1, NIV).


My husband and I are on the clasp of building a new house. It will be our forever home which will sit on the top of a hill overlooking a lake. We will get to see the sunset from our front porch. Talk about something to look forward to!


I’ve also been writing a book for almost two decades. Sometimes, I will diligently work on it, and other times I will lay it down for long periods. 


It is a book the Lord laid on my heart to write about my Mom’s death from ALS. The book continues to cover other deaths I have gone through. I took a massive leap of faith and hired an editor.


I look forward to what the Lord has for my book. 


I continue to see the Lord using me where He has me planted. It is exciting to see Him work and use this weak vessel to grow His kingdom.  



To purchase wildlife and nature fine art prints, please visit my website:


https://www.judyroyalglennphotography.com


If you missed my "Looking Back" post, click here.


Location: St. Simons Island, Georgia



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10