Monday, January 10, 2022

“Looking Back to 2021” - “Year After Year”

 

“Looking Back to 2021” - “Year After Year”

Judy Royal Glenn Photography

Several Northern Harriers return to Cades Cove for the winter, year after year. The females and immatures are brown from above, whereas the males are a beautiful grey. He is nicknamed Gray Ghost. One thing is for sure; they know a good thing when they see it! 


They like to soar over the fields of the Cove as they look for a snack. I love how I captured this harrier as it soared in front of Dan Lawson’s barn. 


If you are interested in reading my backstory to my year, please click on my post on my Facebook Photography page.


Each year, I take time to look back at the year behind me. There are certain events I don’t like to remember, but there are happy memories too.


Some events shook me to my core and left me wondering how I would make it through. I leaned on Jesus during the hard times and was comforted by my dog Boo. Jesus and Boo showed me unconditional love. Boo knew when I was upset and would constantly lick me or snuggle against me. In essence, she was Jesus with fur on to me. 


May 22, at 5:32 a.m., Boo passed away. Her death was unexpected. Her kidneys failed after being on medicine for so long, but it controlled her seizures. She was a wonderful dog and my shadow. We miss Boo but are glad we had her in our lives.


On a positive note, we got two male puppies on July 22. They are littermates. They bring us so much happiness! 


One is a chocolate Yorkie, and the other is the traditional color. They were born one week after Boo passed away.


Each puppy is named after Boo. I called Boo all kinds of names. One silly name was Punkin Head. Don’t ask. I have no idea where that name came from.


The chocolate-colored one is Punkin, and the black and brown one is Little J. Little J stands for Little Jesus. That is not being silly or sacrilegious in any way. He is named after Boo, who gave me unconditional love during my hard times.


I got Covid the week of Thanksgiving. My case was extremely mild. I believe it is because I was fully vaccinated. Why was I spared when 5 million people were not? I believe it’s because I need to get my book about death published that the Lord laid on my heart. I am glad I'm alive so I can look back at my year.


 One Christmas day, everyone celebrated Jesus’ birthday—eating turkey, fellowshipping with family, and opening presents. I was horizontal at a different house and lay on my dog’s beds. They were snuggling with me.


I tested negative for Covid and the flu, but whatever I had kicked my butt. My doctor said something viral was going around.     


To purchase wildlife and nature fine art prints, please visit my website:


https://www.judyroyalglennphotography.com


Location: Cades Cove, Tennessee in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10