Friday, December 31, 2021

My Favorite Five – “Thanksgiving Day Surprises”


My Favorite Five – “Thanksgiving Day Surprises”

Judy Royal Glenn Photography


Before I post my “top nine for 2021” photo on Instagram, I wanted to post my favorite five posts from 2021 and see the difference. 


Here they are……  


Backstory:

I’ve saved the life of many animals. It brings me great joy! 


Two baby cardinals fell from a nest and I rescued them. I saved the life of an Eastern red bat, a baby bunny from the jaws of a cat, and now, the life of a duck. Better yet, it was Thanksgiving Day.


I went to a local pond on St. Simons Island, Georgia to see if the hooded mergansers migrated yet. They were not there, but I enjoyed watching the ducks on the shore. 


One duck it particular had several other ducks around it under the brush. I wondered if she was laying an egg. 


As I was driving away, I noticed two goats following a gentleman on a motorized scooter. I stopped to speak to him. How often do you get to see a goat on the island?


His name is Doc. He mentioned the ducks would lay their eggs on the bank of the pond, but raccoons and other animals eat the eggs. He and another lady would gather the eggs. She bought two incubators to hatch them. 


I might know where an egg is. A smile lit my face as I looked down under the brush and found an egg. I was delighted. Doc said, “It’s still warm.” 


Doc took the lady the egg. I was quite ecstatic!


To purchase wildlife and nature fine art prints, please visit my website:


https://www.judyroyalglennphotography.com


I'd love for you to follow me on Instagram also:


https://www.instagram.com/judyroyalglennphotography/

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10