Monday, December 12, 2016

At Rest

"At Rest"
Judy Royal Glenn Photography

Recently, I had the privilege of standing about 15 feet away from this beautiful barred owl for over three hours. He was tired from a long night of hunting and enjoyed resting in this small tree.

I did not just walk up and find him. One thing led to another.

I went to the garden to photograph objects using a long shutter speed, but I heard a new bird call and set out to find it. Looking for the bird led me to a cute chipmunk to photograph.

A flash of motion in the distance caught my eye. It was the barred owl that then became my new subject to photograph.

As I have mentioned before, I pray before I go out to shoot and ask the Lord to show me or bring to me what He wants me to photograph. I am amazed at the beautiful creatures and delightful things in nature He allows me to photograph!


Location: The State Botanical Garden of Georgia, Athens, Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10