Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Memories

"Memories" 
Judy Royal Glenn Photography  

This photograph represents much more than it appears.  It just looks like a shell resting at the water's edge.  

My dad's wife (Claudia) owns a condo on St. Simons Island, Georgia.  When we were staying there recently, I noticed this beautiful shell in her condo.  I wanted to take the shell to the beach and use my new wireless remote so I can keep my shutter open for long periods of time while the tide rushed in and out.  I did use the shutter release, and then I shot some normal photographs of the shell at the water's edge. 

When I asked Claudia if I could take the shell to the beach, she told me to be very careful with it because her grandmother found it on the beach in Fernandina, Florida.

I wanted to give her the framed print for her birthday.  So, when my family got together this past weekend for our annual trip, my sisters and I gave it to her as a gift.  

I did not know what to title it, so I can up with "Memories" because the photograph would always remind her of her grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10