Saturday, June 21, 2014

"Hidden" At The State Botanical Garden Of Georgia's Hummingbird Trail

"Hidden" At The State Botanical Garden Of Georgia's Hummingbird Trail  
Judy Royal Glenn Photography
  
I never post on a Saturday, but I was excited about the Hummingbird Trail being officially "open" today at The State Botanical Garden of Georgia.  I lead a group of people through the trail this morning and showed them where the hummingbirds hide at the garden.  There are 20 markers showing where the hummingbirds love to fed, perch, and hide.  There are maps located in the Visitor Center for people to pick up and walk the trail at their leisure.  

I photographed this particular hummingbird three weeks ago hiding in the Pineapple Guava shrub which is at marker #3.  The hummingbirds were quite shy today as we had over 20 people attend the ramble.  I did have one visitor tell me after the crowds left, she saw a number of hummingbirds around this area.

  This is most of the crowd that showed up for the Hummingbird Trail.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10