Monday, December 18, 2023

My Favorite Nine – “Rocket”

My Favorite Nine – “Rocket”

Judy Royal Glenn Photography


Before I post my “top nine for 2023” photo this year, I wanted to post my favorite nine posts from 2023. What would the difference be?  I just couldn’t narrow it down to six this year. One bear pic was a video, and two photos were featured therefore shown twice. I hope you enjoy the photos!


Here they are……  


Backstory:


One of the photographs I covet getting in Cades Cove, Tennessee, is a deer, especially a buck, jumping the fence. 

Timing and position are crucial to getting the shot. Usually, the deer are predictable, and I can tell when they are getting ready to jump. Sometimes, they cheat and go under the barbed wire.


I never really thought about the mannerism of the jump. I’m just trying to photograph it.


This buck drops his right shoulder and puts his right leg tight to his body. He then stretches his body up, up, up. Right before he jumps, he uses his powerful back legs to rocket through the air allowing him to hurdle the wire.


I am tickled I got the shot. 


Please feel free to share and visit my website:

https://www.judyroyalglennphotography.com/

 

Location: Cades Cove, Tennessee in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park


#CadesCove #GreatSmokyMountainsNationalPark #CadesCoveTN #GSMNP #greatsmokynps #CadesCoveTennessee #smokymountains #GreatSmokyMountains #whitetaileddeer #whitetaildeer #Wildlifephotography #deer

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10