Saturday, December 17, 2022

My Favorite Six – “Sunscreen Black Bear Cub”

My Favorite Six – “Sunscreen Black Bear Cub”

Judy Royal Glenn Photography


Before I post my “top nine for 2022” photo this year, I wanted to post my favorite six posts from 2022 and see the difference. I just couldn’t narrow it down to five this year. I hope you enjoy the photos!

Here they are……

Backstory: It always thrills me to photograph the spring black bear cubs. They are just so darn cute!

I took a gamble this day while I was in Cades Cove, deciding which way to wait for the cubs I had seen earlier. I figured mama bear was nursing them under the shade of a cool tree. She could either come out the same way she was earlier or head up the hill on the backside of the trees.

Patiently, I waited at the top of the hill, hoping they’d come my way. A friend of mine joined me on the hill. She decided to go back down the other side and wait. She said, “Wave your hands if you see them, and I will do the same.”

She began her descent down the hill. I giggled as I thought of waving my arms because the momma bear had just walked up the hill.

Boy, was I so excited to see the little ones follow suit. One cub climbed up the tree and decided to play hide and seek. I loved seeing that he was being clever and using the natural sunscreen of the mud on his nose.

Needless to say, it was a wonderful day!

Please feel free to share and visit my website:

Location: Cades Cove, Tennessee in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park


#CadesCove #GreatSmokyMountainsNationalPark #blackbears #bearphotos #blackbearsofinstagram #CadesCoveTN #GSMNP #CadesCoveTennessee #blackbear #blackbears #bearcub #bearcubs #CadesCoveBears #blackbearcub #blackbearcubs

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10