Friday, January 12, 2024

“Looking Back to 2023” – In Brilliant Color

“Looking Back to 2023” – In Brilliant Color

 Judy Royal Glenn Photography

 

*The Lord dabbled His paintbrush with many colors to decorate the copper-rumped hummingbird.

 

Each year, I look back at the year behind me.

 

I love my Butterfly Club, which started in spring 2023. I love releasing butterflies with them. They love to name them. 

 

A neighbor found five baby bunnies. A massive storm came in the night before, blowing away their nesting material. They were exposed and vulnerable.

 

Sadly, four passed away. I was able to take one to the Little Ponderosa Zoo and Rescue. He made it!

 

My son moved to Cali in 2023, which made me sad. He is a wonderful son, and I miss him being much closer!

 

Building our dream home was delayed once again. Our old builder added a basement to the house to suit the lot better, but the final cost was way out of our budget! We have a new builder now who has agreed to our every request.

 

As with age, my body is falling apart. I was having breathing issues and found out I have a partially paralyzed diaphragm. I was shooting and walking on ginormous boulders when my foot moved in my boot, causing me to fall. I didn’t know I was hurt.

 

We took a 14-day cruise to the Caribbean in the West Indies. We enjoyed island hopping. We took this cruise because it went to Trinidad, where they have many beautiful species of hummingbirds.

 

Wendell, a wildlife and nature photographer, met and took us to Theodore’s home. There were so many hummingbirds—I stood in awe. I couldn’t even think where to start. I was lost. 

 

I started as I usually do when photographing hummingbirds, pointed my camera at this Verse flower, and waited for a customer to feed. I had a few visitors, including this copper-rumped hummingbird. Luckily, we stayed there a good while, and I got my act together.

 

I am looking forward to all the Lord has in store!


To purchase wildlife and nature fine art prints, please visit my website:

https://www.judyroyalglennphotography.com


#hummingbirdphotography  #hummingbird #hummingbirdlover #hummingbirds 

#Copperrumpedhummingbird #Trinidad

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10