Friday, October 27, 2023

The Longest Bear Jam Ever

 

“The Longest Bear Jam Ever” - October 24, 2023

Judy Royal Glenn Photography

 

My dream shot for Tuesday while I was at Cades Cove was photographing a bear with fall color. I was asking for a lot and knew it was a very long shot, but it was still my desire.

 

I turned left off Hyatt Lane onto Cades Cove Loop Road and was so excited because the traffic was clear. Little did I know I would get into the biggest bear jam ever.

 

The traffic was bumper to bumper, starting at the Missionary Baptist Church. Several times, I turned off my car because I was going nowhere. Once, I got out and started walking to where I thought the beginning of the bear jam began. I glanced down the distant hill, and there was no end in sight, so I gave up.

 

I thought the bear might be at the Visitor Center, so I grabbed my camera and pack and began walking. At the Abrams Trailhead, I noticed many people happily photographing a bear. 

 

The bear was crunching on walnuts at the base of a tree on a hill. Cades Cove Loop Road was below the tree. People were photographing the bear across the road on the other side. Visitors stopped momentarily to see the bear and take a quick shot. 

 

I stayed on the opposite hill most of the time. I saw the fall color and wanted to incorporate it in my shot. At one time, I was photographing while lying on my belly.

 

I took a different angle down the hill on the same side as the bear. I got what I wanted. The Lord is so good to me!

 

If you were stuck in the bear jam, I am sorry. The bear needed to eat to pack the pounds for winter, and people tried to be polite. When you multiply the number of cars by each car staying a tad to take a photo, it equals the longest bear jam I have ever been in.

 

Please feel free to share and visit my website:

https://www.judyroyalglennphotography.com/

 

Location: Cades Cove, Tennessee in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park

 

#CadesCove #GreatSmokyMountainsNationalPark #blackbears #bearphotos #bearphoto #bearphotography #GSMNP #CadesCoveTennessee #blackbear #SmokyMountains #smokies #GreatSmokyMountains #Christianphotography #Christianphotographer #fallcolor #fallcolor2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10