Wednesday, October 27, 2021

A Good Ole’ Fashion Whoopin’

“Black Bear Cub Gets a Good Ole’ Fashion Whoopin’”
The Rest of the Story – Part II
Judy Royal Glenn Photography

Last week someone requested I post another photo of the sleeping bear in Cades Cove, so here it is. The incident caused the biggest “bear jam.” My story told of the bears getting bored because the mamma bear did not want to share the walnuts she cracked open.


One cub learned the lesson of not bothering mamma’s food the hard way and got a good ‘ole fashion whoopin.’ The swift discipline happened in the blink of an eye with no warning. Leaves were flying!


I did not think but just held down the camera’s shutter and took a series of photos. Meanwhile, the sleeping cub raised his head to check out the commotion.


Terror could be seen in the disciplined bear’s eyes as mamma’s claws dug into his fur. It was a moment he will never forget.


I wish I could see her head to see what she was doing. Maybe she was giving him a firm bite. At least I got the expression on the cub’s face.


To purchase wildlife and nature fine art prints, please visit my website:


https://www.judyroyalglennphotography.com


Location: Cades Cove, Tennessee in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Once, when Jann and I were at the zoo, we watched a baby hippo crawl all over his mother's head. After a few times, she grunted but he ignored her. Finally she lifted her head and grunted loudly. He scurried away!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10