Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Ready to Pounce

“Ready to Pounce”
Judy Royal Glenn Photography

I don’t have much of a green thumb, but I am super glad I planted Mexican sunflowers for the last two years. They are critter magnets.

The ruby-throated hummingbirds feed off the nectar and use the branches as a guard tower. Even though I had three huge plants, this hummingbird hardly tolerated any visitors to “his” plants. 

I was able to photograph this little guy from a hide in the basement of my house. A sheet draped over the open window gave me the perfect advantage point. All I had to do was wait.

I love how he is gazing at the lone flower above him, but in reality, I think he was looking for an intruder.

Location: Athens, Georgia

To purchase wildlife and nature fine art prints, please visit my website:

1 comment:

  1. I commented a few days ago but I don't see it here.
    Such beauty in a small package!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10