Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Happy Birthday in Heaven Jon

“Happy Birthday in Heaven Jon”
Judy Royal Glenn Photography

Last year was my first year raising monarch butterflies. It was a lot of hard work but well worth it.

One of my greatest joys in raising them was releasing two different butterflies in honor and memory of two young men. Their lives were taken at a young age.

The male monarch butterfly in this video was named Jon, in memory of Jon Desso. Jon was a nice Christian young man that attended the school where I taught. His mom, Jane, taught my daughter when she was in the second grade.

I placed a small circular tag on Jon’s butterfly, which has three specific letters and numbers to track his migration to Mexico. Monarch Watch distributes these tags and the data collected aids in research. Jon’s tag numbers are ZEU 860.

Happy birthday in Heaven Jon! I am glad I could honor you in this way.

Location: Athens, Georgia

To purchase wildlife and nature fine art prints, please visit my website:

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10