Friday, December 28, 2018

My Favorite Five – “Ain’t I Cute?”

"Ain't I Cute?"
Judy Royal Glenn Photography

I decided before I post my best of nine Instagram posts for 2018, I would post my favorite five posts from 2018 and see what the difference is. It was hard making my decision and when I started compiling them, I noticed a trend. This year was the years of firsts. It was my first time raising monarch butterflies, photographing frozen soap bubbles, and getting to hold Lulu, a three-toed sloth, then photographing her. It was only my second year photographing black bears. I guess they are my new loves and that is why they all made my favorite five! 

"The Lord used a total stranger named Stacy to help me get this shot.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
A mama bear and her two cubs were deep in the thicket and were very difficult to photograph. As I was walking near a truck, a guy behind me mentioned it would be nice to shoot from the back of the truck. I said out loud, “It would be nice to shoot in the back of the truck!”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The guy had his window down and overheard what I said. As I passed, he said, “Ma’am?” I backed up a few steps to hear what he was going to say. He said I could get in the back of his truck to shoot and stand on his toolbox.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
So, you would have to imagine me standing with my camera and tripod on his toolbox while I photographed this little fellow! I’m sure it was a sight to see!"

To purchase wildlife and nature fine art prints, please visit my website:

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10