Tuesday, September 26, 2023

“Give Her Room”

“Give Her Room”

Judy Royal Glenn Photography

 

The black bear mom was trying to cross the road with her three cubs. Being that I am in the Cove a lot and talk to people, I knew where she likes to cross. I politely asked a group of people to move back and give her room. Some listened, and others did not. 

 

Since it was crowded, she took her cubs back into the woods and reappeared on a hill. Again, knowing she wanted to cross, I said to the group of cars and people, “Give her room. She wants to cross.”

 

One gentleman was parked in the middle of the road with no one in front of him. A long line of cars was behind him. I said, “There are parking spaces right up there.” He replied, “Everyone else is stopped. I’m not doing that.”

 

Momma bear seemed more at ease, and she and her cubs crossed safely. 

 

Sometimes, the traffic is stopped to let the bears cross, especially when the cubs are tiny. This creates a “bear jam.” The next photo I took in 2017 shows why sometimes the traffic isn’t moving.



Please visit my website:
https://www.judyroyalglennphotography.com/


Location: Cades Cove, Tennessee in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park 

 

#CadesCove #GreatSmokyMountainsNationalPark #blackbears #bearphotos #bearphoto #bearphotography #blackbearsofinstagram #GSMNP #CadesCoveTennessee #blackbear #SmokyMountains #smokies #GreatSmokyMountains #Christianphotography #Christianphotographer #Godscreation #Godscreationisamazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10