Friday, November 5, 2021

A Whale of a Bear!

“A Whale of a Bear!”

Judy Royal Glenn Photography


Last year, it was nearing Thanksgiving, and I went to Cades Cove. I hadn’t photographed too many critters that I thought worthy of sharing until I came upon one of the largest bears I have ever seen in the Cove.


The bear was sitting under a walnut tree fattening up winter by eating walnuts. There was quite a crowd, but nothing deterred the bear from eating.


Once, the bear stood up next to the tree, and it showed its scale. I’m not good with identifying the bears. 


Does anyone know for certain which one this is, and did you see it?


Location: Cades Cove, Tennessee in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park


To purchase wildlife and nature fine art prints, please visit my website:


https://www.judyroyalglennphotography.com


Location: Cades Cove, Tennessee in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park

2 comments:

  1. That bear is staring at you. I'd recommend you run, fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He could eat all the people around me too:O

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10