Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Beauty in the Little Things

“Beauty in the Little Things
Judy Royal Glenn Photography


Queen Anne’s Lace is abundant in Cades Cove. I am usually busy photographing bears or bucks, so I have overlooked its beauty.


As I was leaving a field after photographing bucks, a single stalk of the Queen Anne’s Lace caught my eye. So much so, I stopped to photograph it. When I stop to photograph something, I usually go over and beyond what is necessary to get the shot. This day was no exception.


I whipped out my tripod to steady my hand and camera as I took the photograph. Smaller stems were tucked away so a single flower was in view. I moved my tripod around trying to find a clean, pretty background then took the shot.


As I was editing the photo, I thought about its name and wondered where the origin came from. I don’t believe everything I read on the Web but found this citing. “The Woodrow Wilson Foundation Leadership Programs for Teachers cites the origin of the name as follows: ‘Queen Anne’s Lace is said to have been named after Queen Anne of England, and expert lace maker. When she pricked her finger with a needle, a single drop of blood fell into the lace, thus the dark purple floret in the center of the flower.’” www.commonsensehome.com 


Hopefully, you too will take time to find beauty in the little things at the Cove.


To purchase wildlife and nature fine art prints, please visit my website:


https://www.judyroyalglennphotography.com


Location: Cades Cove, Tennessee in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10