Thursday, February 4, 2021

From up Above

“From up Above”

Judy Royal Glenn Photography


A bald eagle loves to rest in a favorite fir tree at Lake Junaluska. But, this particular day, he was nowhere to be found.


A 25-foot-tall lighted cross sits on a ridge overlooking the lake. Since I was a child, I have gone there, so I was well aware of its spectacular vantage point. “Let’s go to the cross,” I told my husband.


We scoured the area to no avail. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a bird soaring to the dry lakebed carrying a large fish. It was the eagle.


My husband was waiting in the car. I tapped on the window and said, “Go, go, go!”


Thankfully, the eagle stayed for a few minutes then took his prize catfish to dine on somewhere else. Eventually, he flew out of sight.


But, that’s not the rest of the story. I know another place where he likes to rest. We drove there and again scoured the territory.


I heard several crows making loud calls and glanced that way. Sure enough, there was the eagle.


I was able to get several nice shots and a video too. I will post those another day.


To purchase wildlife and nature fine art prints, please visit my website:


www.judyroyalglennphotography.com


Location: Lake Junaluska, North Carolina

2 comments:

01 09 10