Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Pigeon Jam

“Pigeon Jam”

Judy Royal Glenn Photography

 

A park volunteer told me about a white pigeon in Cades Cove last week. He said the pigeon had a tag and a light on it and may have escaped from Dollywood.

 

A friend and I were driving around Loop Road when out of the corner of my eye, I spotted it. Thankfully, there was a place to pull off. I quickly motioned for my friend to park.

 

The pigeon was very tame and let us get close to photograph him. One of my goals was to photograph his feet so I could maybe get the numbers on the tags.

 

I wanted to catch it with my butterfly net and hopefully find its owner. I did not know if I would get it trouble so I let him be.

 

A “bear jam” happens when tons of people are looking at the bears. It backs up traffic sometimes causing it to halt. So, I titled this photo “Pigeon Jam” because it caused traffic to back up. The tourist were excited to slow down and take a cellphone photo of the little guy. Before long, he flew away after our photoshoot.

 

I went to the ranger station hoping I would have its tag numbers to report. Anxiously, a looked through the photos and sure enough, I had one tag number. The tag number was 80, which was on the blue and white striped tag. The other tag was orange, but I could not see a number. The workers went to the data base and sent an email with the info to find his owner.

 

Fingers crossed!


To purchase wildlife and nature fine art prints, please visit my website:

www.judyroyalglennphotography.com

 

Location: Cades Cove, Tennessee in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you were glad you found the little guy. Hopefully he will get home soon.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10