Monday, August 1, 2016

Whirlwind

"Whirlwind"
Judy Royal Glenn Photography

A hummingbird’s wings beat 40-80 beats per second with the average being 52. When I photograph hummingbirds, I typically won't shoot below 1/1000 of a second, so I can freeze their wings a little better. Shooting 1/1600 of a second freezes them well. 

I tried to have less ISO, so I compromised and shot at 1/800 of a second. Yes, I wish I had used a higher shutter speed because it would have made the shot look better.

This shutter speed made his wings look like a whirlwind!

I also took a group on a tour of the Hummingbird Trail Saturday. There were 22 people there. Some came a little late and did not make the photograph. We had a great time!

Location: The State Botanical Garden of Georgia, Athens, Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10