Wednesday, September 2, 2015

"Caught in the Rain" 
Judy Royal Glenn Photography

I spent about five hours in this small section of the State Botanical Garden of Georgia photographing two hummingbirds busy feeding and fighting each other. The flowers are lush in this section this year and have been a hummingbird magnet.

I found several new perches I did not know about because I haven't spent much time in this section. This tall rose branch was one of his favorite branches. 

He finally landed on the perch, and I got my perfect background when it started to rain. It did not bother me. I covered my gear and continued to shoot.

I love this immature male's markings on his neck. It looks like he has on a colorful necklace. Location: The State Botanical Garden of Georgia, Athens, Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10