Monday, June 8, 2015

Faith

"Faith" 
Judy Royal Glenn Photography

I spoke Friday at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia about hummingbirds for the Friends First Friday. I then led a group of the attendees through the Hummingbird Trail.

We were greeted by a hummingbird at marker #1. She hovered amongst the oak tree. Pat, one of the attendees, noticed she then lay down on her nest!!! I was speechless! They typically build their nests 10-50 feet in a tree, and their nests are the size of a walnut!

Never thought I would see a hummingbird nest! I can't wait to take photos of her babies! I am saving my favorite shot for my blog in a few weeks. I am sure I will take TONS more.

I named her Faith and her two babies will probably be Hope and Joy!

God is good! 

Location: The State Botanical Garden of Georgia, Athens, Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10