Monday, December 24, 2012

Sunrise With Mr. Snowy Owl

"Sunrise With Mr. Snowy Owl"
Judy Royal Glenn Photography
 
An immature male arctic Snowy Owl has found his way to St. Simons Island, Georgia.  His visit is rare.  I heard where he had been hanging out and went to the beach for sunrise photos and to find the Snowy Owl.  I spotted him on top of a condo near the coast guard station around 7:30 in the morning.
 
 
The Gackles must not be very intelligent birds because they were pestering him.  I guess they did not think they could end up as the Snowy Owl's breakfast!  I love the glow of the morning sun on the owl.
 
I showed several people walking by where the Snowy Owl was hiding.  Two people said they viewed it as a wonderful Christmas present.  They asked me how I found him and besides knowing where to look, I told them I prayed and asked Jesus to help me find him!! 

Location:  St. Simons Island, Georgia 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10