Monday, March 5, 2012

It's A Girl!

"It's A Girl!"  Photo by Judy Royal Glenn
Click on the photo for a closer view!

Robin left a comment on my blog letting me know about the bird banding program by the United States Geological Survey.  She let me know if I had the exact number of 1048, it should be reported at http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbl/  She told me it helps them understand bird patterns, and they would give me a nice certificate for helping!
I did not know the full tag number, so I looked at all my pics and found this one with the last digits I needed!  I went to the website, typed in the info and found out "It's A Girl!"  Here is the info they sent me:
Band Number: 1048-37449
Species: CANADA GOOSE
Date banded: 06/18/2009
Banding Location: 5 SW FT VALLEY, PEACH COUNTY, GEORGIA, USA
Age: HATCHED IN 2008 OR EARLIER
Sex: FEMALE


So her "real name" is 1048-37449.  Thanks Robin for helping me learn something new:)

1 comment:

  1. Love your title! It's amazing that you identified your bird!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10