Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Envision


"Envision" 
Judy Royal Glenn Photography 

The more I photograph, the more I envision the shot I want. I try to make everything perfect.

For wildlife, I focus on the eye of the critter I am photographing. If the shot involves a flower, the flower has to be positioned just right. If I can, I move distracting leaves. A clean, pretty background is a must.

The last piece of the equation is patience. Sometimes, this is the hardest part as some photographs take hours waiting for a hummingbird to come to a certain flower. Sometimes the envisioned shot does not occur the first day I try. It took three days to capture this shot. 

Patience paid off as I had my camera pointed at the Mexican sunflower yesterday and an immature ruby-throated hummingbird came to feed off the flower. This photograph was taken at marker #11 on the Hummingbird Trail at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia. 

Location: The State Botanical Garden of Georgia, Athens, Georgia

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous image!! I have always wanted to see and photograph a Hummingbird. Last year my dream was realised when I had only one chance at photographing one in a friends backyard on a stop over on my way to Alaska in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Liz. Hummingbirds are my favorite creature to photograph:) Glad you had the chance to photograph one too!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10