Monday, February 1, 2016

Suspended

"Suspended" 
Judy Royal Glenn Photography 

When I was at Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, Georgia, I found a grasshopper from a very different point of view. As I walked though the John A. Sibley Horticultural Center, I was tickled to find a grasshopper on the glass door. I enjoyed photographing him.

I have gone to Callaway Gardens for the last several years to photograph the immense beauty there. I am saddened to hear the John A. Sibley Horticultural Center closed on November 12, 2015 due to the decline in the economy. I will truly miss shooting in the outdoor gardens, as I discovered in the last two years, it is a hummingbird magnet. They love feeding on the purple salvia there.

 I attempted to video the fast flying ruby-throated hummingbirds on my cell phone on August 9, 2014. They were zipping by so fast, and I had a hard time keeping track of them! 

Click here for video.
 
I shot this video of a hummingbird feeding off the salvia right next to me. He was very trusting of me:)

Click here to watch this video. ENJOY!

 Location: Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain, Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10