Friday, February 26, 2016

My Lensbaby

"My Lensbaby"
Judy Royal Glenn Photography

I recently bought a flower photograph course from CreativeLive and watched it last week. I learned so much from the instructor Kathleen Clemons. I am excited because one course and a new lens are going to dramatically change how I photograph flowers.

Kathleen photographs flowers in a magical way and uses a special lens called a Lensbaby to achieve the desired look she wants. Her photographs make it look so easy, but it is very difficult.

The lens has a bellow type structure which allows the lens to be tilted up, down, left and right. It has a selective spot of focus then everything around that focus is blurred.

I took my lens to the State Botanical Garden of Georgia yesterday to try it out. I knew there was a learning curve, but my greatest frustration came because it only has a 15-inch focusing distance. Last night I did buy a close-up filter and extension tubes, so I can get real close to the flowers. Can't wait to start this new journey….gotta long way to go! 

Location: The State Botanical Garden of Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10