Friday, June 18, 2021

Raising Monarch Butterflies Paid Off!

"Raising Monarch Butterflies Paid Off!"
Judy Royal Glenn Photography

My work raising and tagging monarch butterflies paid off!
I was curious if any of my monarchs that I have tagged have been recovered. Today, I checked Monarch Watch's sight and one of mine was! I was excited to say the least.
I released a female monarch at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia on October 5, 2020. It was spotted in Marietta, Georgia on October 8th.
She flew about 70 miles in three days. A man named James sent in the report and commented she was a strong, vibrant colored specimen.
If you see a monarch early in the season or late in the season, check to see if it has a tag and report your findings to Monarch Watch.
This photo is not a photo of her. Actually it is a male. I just wanted to include a photo of a butterfly I raised.

To purchase wildlife and nature fine art prints, please visit my website:


https://www.judyroyalglennphotography.com


Location: The State Botanical Garden of Georgia, Athens, Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10