Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Dew Bee

"Dew Bee"
Judy Royal Glenn Photography

I was on an expedition at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia to do my yearly documentation as to when the hummingbirds leave the Garden. An immature male hummingbird is there as of today which is a tie for last year's final hummer departure. 
I was able to photograph the hummer, but my favorite shot from today goes to this sleeping bee. I love seeing the dew on his body, especially his eyes.
I had to stand on a borrowed bucket to get high enough to photograph down on the bee, but even then I held my camera in the air and tried to look through my LCD screen to photograph him. I normally do not put the subject in the middle of my photo, but hey.....I'll take what I can get while standing on a bucket:) 
Location: Athens, Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10