Monday, April 7, 2014

Face To "Face"

Face To "Face" 
Judy Royal Glenn Photography  

I was visiting Daniel Island, South Carolina for the Family Circle Tennis Tournament. Of course, I wanted to photograph wildlife as much as I could. 

This particular morning my heart was set first on photographing the sunrise then wildlife.  The sunrise adventure wasn't so hot, but I found a trove of wildlife.

A local guy named Skip was riding his bike and saw me photographing at a swampy area.  He asked me if I saw the babies.  When I questioned him, he told me in the spring there usually were a lot of baby alligators.  He left and quickly came back.  He told me there was a "baby" alligator at the small pond.  I asked him if he would show me where it was.  

He told me the alligator had been there for a few years and that it was neat to watch him grow.  When we got there, the alligator was on the bank of the pond.  The alligator was probably six feet long.  

As a bonus, there was an egret!  That photo is for another day!    

Slowly I approached him, and he did not move.  I would take a few shots then move in closer.  Only towards the end did he lift his head.

This was one of my last shots.  I wanted to face him square on.  The photograph was with a 400 mm lens.  I had to only crop to straighten the photograph.  As I was in front of him, I wasn't overly concerned with lining up everything perfect!  

Maybe I was a little too close:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10