Monday, July 1, 2013

Got Minerals?

"Got Minerals?"
Judy Royal Glenn Photography 
 
I went down a dirt road early one morning before I went to the Botanical Garden.  I found a few critters to photograph there before, so I decided to give it another try. 
 
As I was driving down the road, I noticed a lot of rats and mice on the road.  I figured they were feasting on something great to eat.  I even saw a bunny rabbit eating next to a rat.
 
When something would scare them, they would scamper back into the brush.  I quickly set up my tripod and camera and waited for them to come back out.  They were about 12 feet away from me, and they were doing a lot of digging and scratching.
 
I guess they were licking the minerals off of the rocks and in the dirt.  This photo shows him licking the rock.
 
This photograph shows him licking another rock:)  Several times, it appeared like he was actually eating the rocks as in the first photo.  Anyway, never seen anything like it, and I had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10