Friday, May 20, 2016

Towering Above

"Towering Above"
Judy Royal Glenn Photography
I have posted before about George the resident great blue heron on the beach at Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge in Gulf Shores, Alabama. He was kind enough to let me take his portrait while I was at the Alabama Coastal BirdFest.
I have never photographed a great blue heron this close, but he was used to hanging around the local fishermen for a bite to eat. My 80-400mm lens was on my camera, and I took this shot at 195mm.
He was towering over me a bit at I was on the downward slope of the beach and crouched low to get a good shot. 
The background in my photographs is very important to me. I took several shots with the beach and shore in the background but also like the beach house because it gives the shot character:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10