Monday, February 29, 2016

They're Coming Back!

They're Coming Back!
Judy Royal Glenn Photography

I checked my favorite hummingbird migration map today and found the hummingbirds are coming back. Here is the link for the 2016 ruby-throated hummingbird migration map:  



The hummingbirds are starting to arrive on the coast of Texas, Louisiana, and Florida. I looked through all of her maps dating dating back to 1997. I found they typically reach northern Georgia between March16-26, with a one showing up March 11, and one as late as March 30. There are a lot of dates for their arrival for March 16 to March 26.
I definitely plan on having my feeders out by March 12. I wish I had a huge red banner saying "Welcome home…..please stay with us!" 

Location: Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain, Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10