Thursday, April 19, 2018

West African Crowned Crane

"West African Crowned Crane"
Judy Royal Glenn Photography

The St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park in Florida celebrated their 125th anniversary this year. Even though they have been around that long, I had my first visit last month. It was a truly amazing experience.

 Their website states, “The Alligator Farm is now the only facility in the world exhibiting living species of all 24 currently recognized species of crocodilian.” I did not go there to photograph the alligators but the birds. Their wading bird rookery hosts all sorts of birds such as spoonbills, egrets, blue heron, and other water birds.


Before I left, I visited the birds of Africa. My favorite bird there was the West African Crowned Crane aka the Black crowned-crane. Can you tell why it was my favorite bird? Have you been there before?

Location: St. Augustine, Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10