Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Surrender!


Surrender! 
Judy Royal Glenn Photography

I was really excited to photograph a lot of hooded mergansers two weekends ago on St. Simons Island, Georgia. I saw several two days after Christmas, but I did not get any real good shots. This time, I saw around 19. There were four adult males, about eight immature males, and about seven females. 

At first I thought there were mainly females, but I was wrong. The immature males look a lot like the females. The immature males have the same brown coloring as the females, but the immature males have a thin black beak and yellow eyes and the females have dark eyes and a slender yellow bill.

I will be posting my favorite male hooded merganser photo on guideposts.org in a few weeks. I have a photography blog on their website called He Created It All. I post my photography and write the background story behind the photo. If you haven't visited my Guideposts blog, please check it out:)


Note the splash on water in the right corner. They love to dive for crayfish, fish, and other types of food.

Location: St. Simons Island, Georgia  

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10