Tuesday, October 17, 2017

It’s Just You!

“It’s Just You!”
Judy Royal Glenn Photography

Hiking on the trails in Cades Cove in the Smoky Mountains National Park is always an adventure. Wildlife can be around the next bend.

There was a small, dense patch of pines trees, a little taller than me, along one of the trails I was hiking on with my husband this past weekend. I could not see what was at the end of the patch nor see through either side.

It made me a little uneasy going through it. The last thing I want to do is be super quiet and startle a bear. As I walked, I spoke out loud making my presence known.

Just as I got through the patch of trees, I heard scampering everywhere. A mama bear and her cubs were foraging for food, and I scared the bejeebers out of the cubs causing this one to climb the tree. I don’t even think the mama bear was fazed. Her sensitive nose is a zillion times better than ours, so she knew we were there.

I enjoyed watching his face go from being scared to total relaxation. He looked at me as though to say, “It’s just you!”

Location: Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Cades Cove, Tennessee

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10