Monday, November 30, 2015

Moonlit Christmas Tree at Driftwood Beach

"Moonlit Christmas Tree at Driftwood Beach"
Judy Royal Glenn Photography
The Lord blesses me in so many ways with my photography. This past weekend, I went to Jekyll Island, Georgia to photograph the almost full moon at moonrise on Driftwood beach. My goal was to photograph the moon rising between the driftwood on the beach.
I could not figure out how to light the driftwood and expose the moon properly. This is a new adventure for me as I usually photograph birds. I tried my flash, and I tried to light paint the tree with my iPhone but neither worked.
Before long, the Lord sent and an angel named Emory. He is an awesome photographer that knows well how to photograph a combination of the stars, moon, and trees at night. His photographs of star trails and the driftwood are beautiful!
We used flashlights with a red beam to light paint this tree during a long exposure. He "painted" one side while I "painted" the other. It was a lot of fun and I am thankful for his help!
Since the tree is painted in red, I decided to call it a Christmas tree. Wishing you an early Merry Christmas! Location: Driftwood beach, Jekyll Island Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10