Monday, September 5, 2011

Did I Just See What I Thought I Just Saw?

"Did I Just See What I Thought I Just Saw?"  Photo by Judy Royal Glenn

Click on the photo for a closer view.


I went back to the Botanical Garden yesterday!  I spent a couple hours taking photos of the hummingbirds again.

As I was taking pictures, I thought I saw one stick out his tongue!  Did I just see what I thought I just saw?  I kept my camera focused and took tons of pictures hoping I would catch him doing it again.

Click, click, click....sure enough, he stuck his tongue out again!

This was his favorite place to land, so I made sure I had my camera ready.  He must have landed here a dozen times!

I was excited to get so many shots!  I had a few more but did not want to post them because they were not focused very well.  I again prayed before I went out, and I am thankful He provided so many neat adventures.  I have a few more new stories and photos from this day to post later!!   

19 comments:

  1. Wow! I've never seen such captures before. Fantastic shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited and I wasn't even there! amazing shots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot. It is amazing. I stopped over from the CWC group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat photo, Judy! What a special treat from God :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun picture to have. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dare say you got some raspberries, they were trying to tell you something.

    TOO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't God let us in on delightful treats sometimes! My kids and I loved these photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are incredible, Judy! I love it when God answers our hearts' desires! Congratulations on the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I have to admit...I had to look up "hummingbird tongues" to make sure he didn't just have something in his mouth! I had no idea they had tongues that long. Amazing pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a new one to me! I wouldn't have known they had tongues like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a treat to catch this. Isn't the Lord fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! I've only captured a hummer's tongue once; I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks to all of your sweet comments! The LORD is good:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Precious! God definitely smiled on you when He allowed you to capture that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing and beautiful! What kind of camera did you use to get such good close ups of one so tiny? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are amazing photos, I've never seen anything like them!!! I thought they only stuck out their tongues when they were getting nectar.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I use a Pentax K-7 digital SLR. The key is my 80-320 lense! I love it. It lets me zoom in real close. Plus, I knew where the bird was going to land, so I was only 10 feet away. When editing, I also crop so the bird looks larger! Thanks for all the visits!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10