Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Plump


"Plump" 
Judy Royal Glenn Photography  

I usually don't post many videos taken on my cell phone, but I could not resist posting this one as my blog post today. 

Monday, I was sitting in my very small pop up chair waiting to photograph the hummingbirds.  One hummingbird was active feeding very close to my chair, so I got out my cell phone.  One got about 12 inches away to feed.  It made my day:)
Notice how plump this little guy is.   The hummingbirds go on a feeding frenzy called hyperphagia and may double their body weight to prepare for their long trip to Central America and Mexico.  

This video was taken at marker #5 on the Hummingbird Trail at The State Botanical Garden of Georgia.

Sorry, I wish Blogger would not compress the video so much so the video would be more clear.  Here is a link to my Google + where the video is not compressed: click here.

Location:  Athens, Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10