Monday, January 4, 2021

“Jumping Forward to 2021” “Perfect Form”

“Jumping Forward to 2021”

“Perfect Form”

Judy Royal Glenn Photography


As well as reflecting back on a year, I also like to look forward into the new year. Although, we are not promised tomorrow.


This year, my husband and I bought a lot to build our forever home on. It has a gorgeous view over a lake with mountains beside it and in the distance. I will have all the land I will ever need to grow an abundance of milkweed for my monarchs and flowers galore to attract much wildlife. I think I even have a fox den in our woods!!


I look forward to photographing an abundance of wildlife this year—hopefully, even a bobcat!!


Backstory:

One of the coveted shots in Cades Cove, Tennessee is to photograph the deer jumping the fences along Cades Cove Loop Road, Sparks Lane and Hyatt Lane.


Sometimes the deer are finicky and can’t decide where to jump and approach the fence in several different locations. Frequently, the does will go through the fence because they don’t have to worry about their racks getting stuck on the wire. Then you have the cheaters who find an opening in the fence and walk through.


This particular buck was in the woods on Hyatt Lane. A man was photographing him, and I did not want to disturb his stop, so I waited on the road waiting for him. 


Meanwhile, I watched the doe the buck was after. She inched closer to the road and finally jumped the fence. My camera messed up and I did not get the shot.


The man hollered from the woods, “He’s coming!” We both waited at the fence then fired our cameras throughout the bucks jump. He has perfect form!!


To purchase wildlife and nature fine art prints, please visit my website:


www.judyroyalglennphotography.com


Location: Cades Cove, Tennessee in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10