Monday, December 7, 2020

A Failed Pursuit

“A Failed Pursuit”

Judy Royal Glenn Photography


In the distance, a man was photographing a buck in Cades Cove. My friend wanted to photograph a buck because freshly fallen snow decorated the landscape. She stopped and headed down the trail, and I followed.


The buck left his scent on a tree then disappeared over the snowy embankment. We reached the top of the hill and peered over to find him.


He stood frozen at the bottom of the hill enthralled by a doe grazing in the distance. Step by step, he approached her. She showed no interest and continued to graze.


After while, she disappeared into the woods. Before I left, I glanced and saw the buck looking for her—it was a failed pursuit. 

           

To purchase wildlife and nature fine art prints, please visit my website:


www.judyroyalglennphotography.com


 Location: Cades Cove, Tennessee in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful creatures. Sorry I haven't been in touch. The past three weeks have been difficult. I'd love to talk soon.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10