Thursday, July 26, 2018

New Beginnings


"New Beginnings
Judy Royal Glenn Photography

Little did I know this day would change dramatically for me. All I wanted was a few black swallowtail caterpillars from my friend. I left her house with five and accidentally bought one when I purchased parsley for them to eat.

So much of my time and attention have gone into these little fellows as I have cared for them in my house. I wasn’t planning on them staying in my house. That’s just how it worked out.

I bought parsley, and dill, and put them into an enclosure surrounded by tulle so they wouldn’t wander around in my house.

Two caterpillars have successfully turned into a chrysalis. I tried doing a timelapse for the first time and actually captured good footage of the transformation. The video will be published later.

 The hard part was having to bury two in my front yard. I know they are just caterpillars, but it was difficult knowing they died.

I have two caterpillars that still haven’t transformed. I am looking forward to watching them transform into a chrysalis and watching the other turn into a beautiful butterfly. God’s nature is so amazing!!  

To view my time-lapse video of the black swallowtail caterpillar changing into its chrysalis, please visit my YouTube link by clicking here.


To purchase wildlife and nature fine art prints, please visit my website:

1 comment:

  1. God creates beauty all around us. I've seen a few butterflies come out of a chrysalis and it was the closest to a miracle I've seen. Love your picture!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10