Monday, April 6, 2015

Lunar Eclipse April 4, 2015

"Lunar Eclipse April 4, 2015" 
Judy Royal Glenn Photography 

While visiting on St. Simons Island, Georgia, I wanted to see the lunar eclipse. I did not do enough research to prepared myself with my camera settings and location to shoot, so I felt I wasn't prepared. I went to bed deciding not to go.

I woke up at 5:17 A.M. and tried to go back to sleep, but all I heard was the noise of the fan. I got up and headed to the pier and met Betsy. The moon was out for a little bit then went behind the clouds. After while, I thought is was not going to come back.

The sun was starting to rise, and I wanted to get sunrise photos. I told Betsy bye and as I was leaving, I got distracted by the beautiful array of colors in the sky by the lighthouse. As I started photographing it, I heard, "Judy!" Betsy was calling me back because the clouds moved away revealing a beautiful eclipsed moon! I was so thankful she did or I would not have photographed the moon!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10