Monday, November 10, 2014

The Dance

 "The Dance" 
Judy Royal Glenn Photography

Sandpipers have a hard time going slow....well, when being photographed. They move at the very quick pace making me stay on my toes to keep up with them.

It is a dance actually between the bird and the photographer. A typical 15 minute series would end up something like this.....from a low angle I set up the tripod and camera, I take a few photos, the bird walks past, I get up, walk ahead of the bird, set my tripod up again and the sequence repeats itself over and over again.


The dance is necessary to capture the shot, so it is one I don't mind.

Location: St Simons Island, Georgia

1 comment:

  1. You are the most patient person I know! I would have given it two tries then packed up and gone home. But then I wouldn't end up with the amazing photos you do.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10