Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Hide-n-seek

"Hide-n-seek" 
Judy Royal Glenn Photography
 
I went to Sandy Creek Park in Athens, Georgia to hopefully take photos of what's left of the fall colors.  I was hoping I'd photograph a Great Blue Heron I saw before too.  I went around the lake, and as I was taking photos of a tree, a heard the heron's call.  He flew past me, and I quickly ran in that direction.  I accidently flushed him out because I did not see him until it was too late.
 
He flew up high in a pine tree and stayed there forever.  I wasn't getting any good shots where I was, so I started meandering around the lake.  I knew I was getting close to the tree, and when I looked up, he was right in front of me.
 
I think it is neat you can see his other claw sticking out from under his feathers.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. You captured the wonder of the heron. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete