Monday, November 18, 2013

A Pillow Of Water

"A Pillow Of Water" 
Judy Royal Glenn Photography 
 
My husband and I headed to the mountains for me to photograph the fall colors.  We went to two waterfalls before we headed to Tallulah Gorge State Park.
 
  The park was packed.  We asked what was going on and were told today was the first of several water release dates.  Normally, there is 35-40 cubic feet per second flowing through the gorge.  Today, there were 500 CFS!  Kayakers have the dates saved on their calendars and come out to enjoy the great rapids. 
 
My agenda quickly changed.  How many times will I be able to photograph world class kayakers going over a class five rapid?  I set up my tripod and watched as the kayakers hit the huge wall of water and totally disappeared.....kayak and all. 
 
I love this photograph because it looks like the kayaker is hugging a pillow of water.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tina:)

    Do you mean the kayak being a smile or the symbol on his helmet? I'm confused:( I didn't add anything though.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10